Integration of Rajasthan
Seven Stages of formation of Rajasthan
S.No. Name of Group States Date of Integration
01. Matsya Union Alwar, Bharatpur, Dholpur, Karauli 17-03-1948
02. Rajasthan Union Banswara, Bundi, Dungerpur, Jhalawar, Kishangarh, Kota, Pratapgarh, Shahpura, Tonk. 25-03-1948
03. United State of Rajasthan Udaipur also joined with the other Union of Rajasthan. 18-04-1948
04. Greater Rajasthan Bikaner, Jaipur, Jaisalmer Jodhpur also joined with the United State of Rajasthan. 30-03-1949
05. United State of Greater Rajasthan
Matsya Union also merged in Greater Rajasthan
06. United Rajasthan
18 States of United Rajasthan merged with Princely State Sirohi except Abu and Delwara.
07. Re-organised Rajasthan
Under the State Re-organisation Act, 1956 the erstwhile part ‘C’ State of Ajmer, Abu Road Taluka, former part of princely State Sirohi which was merged in former Bombay, State and Sunel Tappa region of the former Madhya Bharat merged with Rajasthan and Sironj subdistrict of Jhalawar district was transferred to Madhya Pradesh.